Thursday, July 15, 2010

Live At The Budokan (1984)


The 1984/85 world tour was incredible, the setlists were just amazing. I saw several shows on this tour and they remain among my favorite Air Supply concerts. They had changed the line-up of the band and though it was sad to see some of the members depart, the new line-up brought some new textures to the traditional Air Supply sound. Touring behind the soon-to-be released self-titled album, they had a lot of new songs to play and Russell's voice was in prime form. He sounds incredible on this recording, an FM simulcast from the legendary Budokan arena in Tokyo. What stands out here is the song selection, not just the hits but the surprising number of un-released songs performed. This concert features seven songs that were un-released at the time, several of them actualy remain unreleased to this day. You also get outstanding live versions of I Can Wait Forever, Making Love Out Of Nothing At All and the excellent I'll never Get Enough Of You, which was a hit in Japan but never released as a single in the United States.

The Way It's Meant To be
Lost In Love
Even The Nights Are better
You're Only In Love
Heart & Soul
Black & Blue
Here I Am
I'll Be The Cure For Your Lonliness
I Can Wait Forever
All Out Of Love
Sweet Dreams
Innocent Eyes
This Heart Belongs To Me
I'll Never Get Enough Of You
Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

5 comments:

  1. ...all links are down in the site for the Air Supply concerts... can you please re upload them..?? thanks..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. "I could not download air supply live at budokan"? "estes mi correo enzoc339@gmail.com and enzocastillo 29@hotmail.com"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the link is expired. Its error 404

    ReplyDelete
  4. esta gente de estas paginal responder cuando le dan regalisima gana

    ReplyDelete